Deering Boston 5-String Banjo. This is an instrument that reeks with quality and tradition. Greg Deering is arguably the best banjo luthier in the world and his level of excellence has captured a great following of master 5-string banjo players such as Tony Trishka, Eddie Adcock, Jens Kruger, George Grove () and was much lauded by banjoist and river boat captain, John Hartford (Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Down from the Mountain, Glen Campbell show and writer of "Gentle On My Mind"). Uniquely Deering, The Boston banjo breaks with tradition and provides a professional quality sound at a lower price point by creating the drum from 3/16″ rolled steel which rings like a tone ring and upgrading the accuracy of tuning with guitar style tuners with a higher gear ratio. The uniquely Deering inlay pattern gives you visual beauty enhancing the great performance.
- Mahogany - Now Available in Maple
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Seed and Vine Maple & Pearloid Inlays
- Guitar style tuners - (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Satin Finish
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim
- True Tone Deering Tailpiece
- 11″ Medium Crown Banjo Head
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 24 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Butterfly 24 Piece Flange
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Sidewalls
- Satin Finish
- Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain than a maple or walnut banjo.
- Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″,
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 9.6 lbs
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Lifetime Warranty
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am - 6pm, Saturday 10am - 5pm
Address: 102 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood, 3134, VIC
Phone: (03) 9870 4143
Email enquiries: email@example.com
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.